Hi, I’m Zach.
My research focuses on the measurement, causes, and consequences of poverty and social inequality across the United States and European Union.
- Social policy (U.S., European Union)
- Poverty and inequality
- Labour markets
- » Parolin, Z. and Gornick, J. (Forthcoming). “Pathways toward Inclusive Income Growth: A Comparative Decomposition of National Growth Profiles.” American Sociological Review.
- Parolin, Z. and Lee, E. (2021). “Large Socio-Economic, Geographic, and Demographic Disparities Exist in Exposure to School Closures.” Nature Human Behaviour.
- Parolin, Z. (2021). “Decomposing the Decline of Cash Assistance in the United States.” Demography.
- Parolin, Z. (2021). “Income Support Policies and the Rise of Student and Family Homelessness.” The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science.
- Parolin, Z. (2020) “Automation, Occupational Earnings Trends, and the Moderating Role of Organized Labor.” Social Forces.