Hi, I’m Zach.
My research focuses on the measurement, causes, and consequences of poverty and social inequality across the United States and European Union.
- Social policy (U.S., European Union)
- Poverty and inequality
- Labour markets
- Parolin, Z., Matsudaira, J., Waldfogel, J., & Wimer, C. (Forthcoming). “Exposure to Childhood Poverty and Racial Differences in Economic Opportunity in Young Adulthood.” Demography.
- Parolin, Z., Curran, M., Matsudaira, J., Waldfogel, J., & Wimer, C. (2022). “Estimating Monthly Poverty Rates in the United States.” Journal of Policy Analysis and Management.
- Parolin, Z. and Gornick, J. (2021). “Pathways toward Inclusive Income Growth: A Comparative Decomposition of National Growth Profiles.” American Sociological Review.
- Parolin, Z. and Lee, E. (2021). “Large Socio-Economic, Geographic, and Demographic Disparities Exist in Exposure to School Closures.” Nature Human Behaviour.
- Parolin, Z. (2021). “Decomposing the Decline of Cash Assistance in the United States.” Demography.