Hi, I’m Zach.
My research focuses on the measurement, causes, and consequences of poverty and social inequality across the United States and European Union.
- Social policy (U.S., European Union)
- Poverty and inequality
- Labour markets
- Parolin, Z. and Lee, E. (2021). “Large Socio-Economic, Geographic, and Demographic Disparities Exist in Exposure to School Closures.” Nature Human Behaviour.
- Parolin, Z. (Forthcoming). “Decomposing the Decline of Cash Assistance in the United States.” Demography.
- Wimer, C., Parolin, Z., Fox, L., Fenton, A., & Jencks, C. (2020.) “The Direct Effect of Taxes & Transfers on Changes in the U.S. Income Distribution, 1967-2015.” Demography.
- Brady, D. & Parolin, Z. (2020). “The Levels and Trends of Deep and Extreme Poverty in the U.S., 1993-2016.” Demography.
- Parolin, Z. (2020) “Automation, Occupational Earnings Trends, and the Moderating Role of Organized Labor.” Social Forces.